Visual Notes: Mistress Portraits (Henry Adam Wood)
ILLUSTRATORS: Here are some notes regarding possible creative direction for the Mistress portraits in the “Henry Adam Wood: Letter To Irmgard” collaboration:
* When illustrating a Mistress, it may be helpful to create a back story for the character. This may help determine her style of dress and overall characteristics.
* Vocation of the mistress is the easiest most identifiable part. Think of a job or position in society that would require a certain form of dress.
* Affectations and Quirks can include twisted up smiles and ill proportioned or overly exaggerated features.
* Props will also help to create a bio of the Mistress and, in the process, you create things that may be used in the room or elsewhere.
* Create outlines if pressed to finish and detail.
NOTE: WATCH THIS REQUEST VIDEO for additional info regarding this collaboration.
Henry Adam Wood: Letter To Irmgard (VISUAL REQUEST LIST)
VISUAL ARTISTS: Draw the Elements from THIS VISUAL REQUST LIST.
* Variety of Other Mistresses
* Variety of Old Picture Frames
* Henry Adam Wood’s Glasses
* Tobacco Pipe
* Bed & Sheets
* Letter Paper
* Stack of Letters
* Miscellaneous Props
* Bedroom Wallpaper
* Wall of Portraits
* Miscellaneous Backgrounds
WRITERS: Write a Shot List, Story Treatment, or Ideas for this Segment.
STORYBOARD ARTISTS: Create Story Boards for this Segment.
ILLUSTRATORS & GRAPHIC DESIGNERS: Create a Title Card for this Segment.
CALLING ALL ARTISTS!
Let’s create more letters from Henry Adam Wood! Check out missamerica’s “The Letters of Henry Adam Wood” collab and contribute writing, illustration, animation, audio & more!
WRITERS: Write a letter to or from Henry Adam Wood.
ILLUSTRATORS: Draw the character and the world around him.
MUSICIANS: Compose a score for this early 1900’s time period.
FILMMAKERS & ACTORS: Film a scene or perform a letter.
EDITORS: Cut together contributions from the collab into a larger piece.
ANIMATORS: Bring an illustration of Henry Adam Wood to life.
Contribute to “THE LETTERS OF HENRY ADAM WOOD” collab HERE!