Q&A // RE: Remix & Authorship
Watch the REQUEST VIDEO HERE.
EVERYONE W/ A CAMERA: RECord yourself on Camera discussing your thoughts on Remix & Authorship or answer the following questions briefly and concisely:
- Have you ever remixed someone else’s work that you didn’t technically have the rights of? Why did you do it? Were there any consequences? Be specific.
- Has someone else ever remixed your work without your permission? What happened? How did it make you feel? Be specific.
- On hitRECord, have you ever remixed another artist’s work? What was the experience like?
- Has any of your work on hitRECord ever been remixed? How did it make you feel?
WATCH TODAY’S REGULARITY HERE!
FILMMAKERS: Film each scene of THE TRAVELLER Script not only w/ great cinematography, but make sure you capture the Performances required of each scene. CONTRIBUTE HERE
WRITERS, ILLUSTRATORS & ANIMATORS: Write :15 Fake Commercials about Real Products, and also Draw & Animate the Cartoon Character that watches these Fake Commercials. CONTRIBUTE HERE
ALL hitRECord CONTRIBUTING ARTISTS: The community’s had great Questions re: TV Clearances & Intellectual Properties - and we’ve got Answers for ya! WATCH FULL VIDEO HERE
If you have any questions RE: TV Clearances, please e-mail us at: Clearance@hitRECord.org
Come work with us!
ATTENTION ALL CONTRIBUTING ARTISTS!
A lot of people in the community have been asking a lot of great questions about the Intellectual Property Laws & Clearances around the art we’re making - especially now that we’re making a TV Show together…
…and we’ve got some answers for ya: WATCH THE VIDEO HERE
Here are some of the topics we covered in this video:
* What if the RECords you upload to hitRECord include people other than yourself?
* Can Public Domain footage be used on the TV Show?
* If you have any Clearance questions, please e-mail us at Clearance@hitRECord.org
AND NOW FOR AN IMPORTANT REMINDER RE: COPYRIGHT ON hitRECord…
In order to turn the art we make together on hitRECord into Monetized Productions, EVERYTHING WE UPLOAD MUST BE 100% ORIGINAL (or within the Pubic Domain) so that our community can legally remix it.
If you come across anything on the site that contains copyright material, you can Curate an Album & contribute it to the Copyright Flag Collab so we can remove it ASAP.
We really appreciate all of you who take the time to help monitor hitRECord for copyright. It’s such a big help in maintaining a community that includes works that we can all download & remix together.