COMPOSERS: Make a Score for THIS ANIMATIC.
COMPOSERS: Make a Score for THIS ANIMATIC.
CALLING ALL WRITERS, PHOTOGRAPHERS, ANIMATORS, & MUSICIANS!
Let’s make more scenes from a fictional film! Check out catamaranwestern’s “Scenes from a Fictional Film” collab and contribute writing, photos, animation + audio!
WRITERS: Find cool photos on the site and add short subtitles, dialogue, voice-over, or narration.
PHOTOGRAPHERS: Contribute evocative photos that are in need of text.
ANIMATORS: Make these still photos come to life by adding subtle motion to the frame.
MUSICIANS: Create audio for these animations.
CALLING ALL ANIMATORS & ILLUSTRATORS! Here is the *FINAL* Animation & Request List for “Capture The Flag.” CONTRIBUTE HERE
* Upload your records with an alpha channel / transparent background whenever possible.
* Please have all of your contributions uploaded to the site by Saturday, January 25th! Thanks!
ANIMATION REQUEST LIST
* Animate a simple Circle outline - but you can embellish it! (i.e with stars around it, or little lights, or whatever)
* Animation of a hand drawn ‘Capture The Flag - Fantasy League’ table in which RegularJOE is seen to lose points and plummet from the top spot down to the bottom.
ANIMATED TYPOGRAPHY REQUEST LIST
NOTES: These should include at least 3-5 traces of the same drawing. Embellish in any way you like. Please use cited illustrations for inspiration.
* Capture The Flag - http://www.hitrecord.org/records/1463733 (just the ‘Capture the Flag’ bit)
* Rules of the Game - http://www.hitrecord.org/records/1514045
* Tagged and Captured - http://www.hitrecord.org/records/1516367
* Go To Jail - http://www.hitrecord.org/records/1515495 (less pixelated, maybe hand drawn with a marker?)
* Rescued - http://www.hitrecord.org/records/1516888
* Safe Zone - http://www.hitrecord.org/records/1516366
* Pumped - http://www.hitrecord.org/records/1515334 (Animate to bulge in and out, like a heartbeat)
* Here We Go - http://www.hitrecord.org/records/1516607
* Charley Horse - Animate this typography (no current illustration available for inspiration)
* FOUR. IN. JAIL - http://www.hitrecord.org/records/1516802
* Final Score - http://www.hitrecord.org/records/1516362
* Blue - 2 Red - 0 - http://www.hitrecord.org/records/1516364
* Blue - 1 Red - 0 - Animate this typography (no current illustration available for inspiration)
Thanks again <3
CALLING ALL COMPOSERS!
Work on a few short pieces of Music for wirrow’s new Animated Short Film based on the notes below from jeffpeff. CONTRIBUTE HERE
Next up musically for our “One Song” collaboration is a need for 2 larger pieces of music, and 2 shorter pieces:
1) A piece for the Opening and Closing Narration parts.
2) A piece under The Spirit of Music’s dialogue where she tells them they must work together.
3) A super-short scary underscore for Silence’s arrival, where they all scream.
We don’t have the final voiceover or animation in place to work with yet, but you can READ THE SCRIPT HERE for the text. It’s what we call a ‘Pre-score’ : ) We hope to have your contributions by Monday, September 30th!
Opening / Closing Narration Music: 2 Pieces, about 25 seconds each
Both pieces are about 25 seconds long. No shorter than 20, and no longer than 30, as counted from ‘first sound’ to ‘letting the last note ring out appropriately’. They should probably be stylistic bookends for the piece, so if you’re going to do one of them, I’d encourage you to do the other too, so they’re as-related to each other as they can be…We’ll probably favor compositions that are written for both parts.
The goal of the Opening Music is to give some weight to the opening narration. You could play through it without much musical commentary on the narration, or you could break it down into 3 very short sections: 1) A straight-up introduction 2) Some darkness under “…but silence was angered by this disturbance of his slumber…” and 3) A return to the feeling of number 1 above, maybe with the addition of something to indicate some tension, as it leads right into the Spirit of Music’s challenge to the crowd.
For the Closing Music, nothing much is needed more than a happy wrap-up to the story. Again, if you’ve also done the opening music, you should use the same palette of sounds, maybe revisit a melody. As for the tone: Personally, I think it’s ‘fairy tale’. Dunno what more to say, really. Given that this is essentially a comedy piece, it could very well be traditional-sounding, with strings and flutes and harps and the like; Pastoral and sweet…cuz we’re going to sully up the mood with some snarky humor later on, undercutting it…which is always funny : ) But if you want to imprint some weird, unique stamp on this world instead, by all means: Let’s hear it!
A Cue for the Reveal of The Spirit of Music
Here’s what we need…Times are EXACT, give or take one second. In reality, this is one single cue, but to work the humor, I think it really should be broken down into three different moments. So I’m defining it as 3 sections:
1) 6 seconds of a majestic, angelic piece, where the Spirit of Music breaks up their argument. Followed by:
2) 5 seconds of what amounts to a continuation of above, where she says “Only with one song will you all prevail…”. An inspiring, majestic piece, building in grandeur and anticipation….I suggest it should hold for the glooms’ line “ugh…am I really supposed to compromise etc…”; Maybe not a full stop…something should continue to ring out and hold, cuz our REAL stop is coming next, and we don’t want to steal the humor from it.
3) 5 seconds of a continuation of the build, where she says “Only with one song will you all prevail…Now go, go…” Actually, you can make it longer than 5 seconds. Doesn’t matter how it ends, cuz at some point around 5 seconds, we’re gonna cut it off in an awkward way, as the script notes.
A Cue for Silence
Literally 2 to 3 seconds…A Foreboding, scary moment, just after The Spirit of Music leaves the frame to leave the group at the mercy of Silence, and he steals their screams. This moment is broken by the Trolls’ line “Alright…So, what we doin?”
We’re going to make ANIMATED SHORT FILMS out of these 3 records:
ANIMATORS: Take the 3 records above & animate ‘em!
VIDEO EDITORS & MUSICIANS: Once these records are animated, Re-Edit ‘em w/ Sound Effects or add your own Musical Scores!
WRITERS: You could write new stories that expand upon Day Glo’s Tolkein-esque prologue.
ANIMATORS & FILM MAKERS: It could be really interesting to see Live Action & Animation mixed for a short film version of the story.
MUSICIANS: A score could be developed for the collaboration.
ANYONE ELSE: Adding Voice Overs for the story’s characters or drawing Maps of this world would be a great way to contribute.
REmix by PASIV
Audio REsource by wirrow
wirrow (Global Curator) writes:
now we have to make an epic action movie so we can play this in the trailer. there are some slightly incongruous parts as it builds up that are just beautiful. amazing remix
Audio REmix by TheSerpentTheCharmer
Music by bell
Text by TheSerpentTheCharmer
"Of Messengers and Wolves"
I’ve sat through a thousand other sunsets in my life
They’ve all been beautiful but this one is for you
It’s warming the air around us while the darkness sets in
You are still alive and so am I for the time being
It’s gotten hard for me to write and color lost its glow
But the night took you away and left me no place else to go
If you’d come back to life, you’d find a den of wolves at my door
Asking if that pretty girl is coming around anymore
You’re more than a painting ever conveyed to our eyes
More beautiful than the ivory on old piano keys
I never thought the world was a stage but now I see
It was meant to display you, the unrequited, and me
Crushed under the weight, a skeleton rusting at its hinges
I am worried that these wolves will take you away from me
And I’m in no condition to fend them off with my bare hands
When they’re reaching for yours even though you’re not there
This is where the fangs dance electric, where moonlight goes astray
Why don’t we walk a little ways until the atlas gets changed
And a place we knew becomes a graveyard or a stage
I barely know the sound of your name, but I’m trying
There is only so much a man can find in his own heart beating
Sometimes I fear it’s your footsteps leaving
And I wake up to find I was always alone
The scavengers gnawed until they finally hit bone
I wear the crown of a fool with bad taste
Until I found you and this tired life changed
I’ll see you at night in the caves of that dream
Only then will it makes sense, or so it will seem
I’d have asked the ocean to spare us but it owes me no favors
I guess this is love and these must be its labors
Music by amferraro
I sat down at the piano on a gloomy day and this came out.