theboxsets Featured Comment: "pssssssst..you don’t have to wait until night time to play this but it certainly wouldn’t hurt. I’ve dug up some fine audio records regarding the Dark and smooshed ‘em together here for you (explore the works further in the resources). Strong video needs strong audio and these artists are supplying the need. Stay tuned for many more Audio Re-Recs to come this week as we ruminate on hitRECordonTV Season 2’s themes.”
EVERYONE W/ A CAMERA: RECord your unique stories and experiences for these questions:
- Tell us an experience you once had in a Blackout. What happened?
- Do you and your family have any traditions during Blackouts? Where did they originate and why do you do them?
- How do you behave or feel during a Blackout? Why?
ALL ARTISTS: Contribute new or existing RECords for each of the following Angles for the RE: The Dark episode:
- Fear of the Dark
- Dark Comedies
- Light vs. Darkness
- Night Owls
- Places without Light
- Film Noir
It’s time to start making Bumpers for Season 2 of HITRECORD ON TV - so let’s start creating 3-5 second Bumpers for each of our 8 Episodes!
VIDEO EDITORS: Edit Bumpers for each of THESE 8 THEMES.
ANIMATORS: Animated Bumpers for each Theme.
ILLUSTRATORS, GRAPHIC DESIGNERS, & PHOTOGRAPHERS: Contribute Visuals for each Theme.
AUDIO REMIXERS & MUSICIANS: Contribute short Audio Beds for each Theme.
Let’s start creating awkward Short Skits for the character Timothy Dark! You can also contribute Illustrations, Music, Voiceovers & more!
WRITERS: Write Short Skirts that relate to our 8 themes for Season 2. Also, you can refer to THIS TEXT RECORD for additional notes for the character Timothy Dark.
ILLUSTRATORS: Draw Timothy Dark, other miscellaneous Characters, Props & Backgrounds for this collaboration.
ANIMATORS: Animate a Skit for this collaboration.
VOICEOVER ARTISTS: Find a Script and perform a reading of it.
MUSICIANS: Compose Music for this collaboration.
CURATORS: Compile an Album of your favorite contributions.
Now that we’ve started the 16 potential themes for the episodes of Season 2, we want to know which themes you feel should make our next 8 episodes of HITRECORD ON TV - tell us what you think!
CURATORS: You can contribute your Season 2 episode ideas in two different ways:
- Contribute an Album with the 8 themes that you think should be Season 2’s episodes. Also, arrange them in the order you think they should air. You can find all 16 potential themes HERE.
- Curate an Album for each individual theme you think will make a good episode. Include any angles, ideas, or RECords that you think would be good for that episode.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please contribute your Season 2 Theme Albums by Tuesday, May 6th.